Open All | Close All
- What prizes are offered in the Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery - 2014?
- 3 Daily Cash Prizes of $5,000, everyday of the year
- 52 Weekly Cash Prizes of $10,000
- 12 Bonus Holiday Jackpots of $12,000
- 17,000 Cash Back Prizes of $25 (February 5,000, June 5,000 and September 7,000)
- 12 Monthly Cash Prizes of $50,000
- 1 Early Bonus Cash Prize of $20,000
- 1 Early Bird Cash Prize of $200,000
- How much is a Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery ticket?
- Tickets are only $25 each, 3-pack for $70 or a 6-pack for $125.
The guidelines for purchasing Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery tickets are as follows:
- Only one (1) form of payment can be used for multipack (3-pack, 6-pack) purchases
- All Calendar ticket(s) are mailed to the purchaser's address (must be in the province of Ontario), 6-pack orders will arrive in 2 envelopes
- A maximum of three (3) names may be recorded on a ticket. Purchaser name, and, if provided at time of purchase, 2nd name and 3rd name/group name will be printed on ALL tickets within any pack (single, 3-pack, 6-pack), unless purchased as a gift (see above)
- All Ticketholders (giftee & purchaser must be at least 18 years of age)
- How can I order a Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery ticket?
- There are 3 easy ways to purchase your calendar lottery ticket. Remember, you must be 18 years of age and an Ontario resident.
Request your Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery tickets online at a time convenient to you through our SECURE online site.
Call 1-888-514-7767 (GTA 416-514-7767) and an agent would be pleased to assist you.
Fill in the order form from the website or one received in the mail and send it with a cheque made out to Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery. Mail to: Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery PO Box 4000 RPO Steeles West, Toronto, ON, M3J 9Z9.
Please fax your order form to 1-877-514-7766 (or in Toronto 416-650-7851).
- When can I purchase a Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery ticket?
- Calendars will be available for sale from the end of September until December 17, 2013 at midnight (while supplies last).
- How many Calendar Lottery tickets are available?
- There are 1,115,000 tickets available.
- How old do you have to be to purchase a Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery ticket?
- All Ticket Holders (giftees and purchasers) must be at least 18 years of age. Calendars cannot be purchased or gifted in the name of a minor.
- Can I purchase a ticket if I live outside of Ontario?
- Ticket buyers must be in Ontario at the time of purchase and tickets will only be mailed within Ontario. Visitors to Ontario are welcome to purchase as long as they can have tickets mailed within Ontario and are in Ontario at the time of the purchase.
- Who is not eligible to purchase a ticket?
- Those NOT eligible to purchase or be in possession of a Calendar Lottery ticket are: Employees and directors of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada and Miratel Solutions Inc., and all persons residing in the same household with any of these individuals.
- Is the Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery tax deductible?
- Lottery tickets are NON-TAX DEDUCTIBLE in accordance with Canada Customs and Revenue Agency policies. Charitable lotteries are prohibited from issuing tax receipts for lottery tickets. You CAN make a donation in addition to your ticket order and receive a tax receipt (donations over $15) for the donation portion of your order.
- Are Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery winnings taxable?
- No, lottery winnings are considered a windfall and are not taxable in Canada.
- What are the odds of winning a prize in the Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery?
- There are a total of 18,173 chances to win. Each Calendar Lottery ticket number is eligible for the 3 daily draws, 52 weekly draws, 17,000 cash back draws, 12 monthly draws, and 12 holiday jackpots. Odds depend on the total number of calendars sold (possible total is 1,115,000 calendars). After each winning number is drawn and recorded, it is returned to the drum and eligible for all subsequent draws.
- Can I give the Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery ticket as a gift?
- Yes, Calendars make a perfect gift for the holidays. Orders received by November 29, 2013 at midnight, will be delivered to the purchaser by December 24th, 2013. At the time of purchase, you can gift each calendar lottery ticket to an individual. Each Official Calendar Lottery ticket will be printed with the name of your giftee and mailed to you, to distribute. If you do not know the names of the people you want to gift the calendars to at time of purchase, you can decide who to give your calendars to after you receive them. It is the purchaser's responsibility to track the allocation of each Official Calendar Lottery ticket number. All calendars and winnings will be sent to you, the purchaser.
- Can I give the Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery ticket as a gift to someone who resides out of the province?
- Yes, you can give as a gift to someone outside the province. There are currently no regulatory restrictions relating to giftee's residence. Remember to use the tools in your letter to track which Official Calendar Lottery ticket number you give to each individual. You, the purchaser, will be responsible for tracking the winners and allocating the winning funds. Please note that ticket transaction and delivery must occur within the province of Ontario and ALL ticket holders must be at least 18 years of age.
- How does gifting of a Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery ticket work?
- Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery tickets make great gifts as you are giving someone the chance to win cash prizes every day of the year. To purchase a gift, simply advise us at the time of purchase who you would like to give the ticket(s) to.
- Only one (1) 'giftee' name can be recorded on each ticket when purchased as a gift. Tickets within a multipack (3-pack, 6-pack) can have each ticket within the pack printed with a different 'giftee' name
- 'Giftee' name will only appear on a ticket if provided at time of purchase.
- If 'giftee' name is unknown at the time of purchase, ticket(s) will be issued in the purchaser's name. Purchaser will receive a 'Gift Tracker' with the tickets to track each gift order.
- All Calendar ticket(s) are mailed to the purchaser's address (must be in the province of Ontario), 6-pack orders will arrive in 2 envelopes.
- All Ticketholders (giftee & purchaser must be at least 18 years of age). You can give tickets as a gift to someone outside the province. There are currently no regulatory restrictions relating to giftee's residence. However, please note that ticket transaction and delivery must occur within Ontario and purchaser/ ticket holders must be 18+ years of age
After Sales Support
- I have misplaced my Calendar Lottery ticket for the Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery. Am I still eligible for the draws?
- Yes. The Official Calendar Lottery ticket numbers that are issued for the Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery are automatically entered in the draw via printed tokens. Official Calendar Lottery ticket numbers are mainly intended for your records and are not required to redeem a prize.
- I never received my Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery ticket. Am I still eligible for the draws?
- If you have not received your Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery ticket within 4 weeks of ordering, please contact customer service to ensure that your order has been processed. They can be reached by calling 1-877-514-7763 (GTA 416-514-7763), or by email. Please provide your first and last name, your current address and your telephone number.
- Can I cancel my Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery ticket and get a refund?
- Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery ticket orders can be canceled before the draws begin (January 3, 2014) and purchasers will receive a refund for the amount that was paid for the ticket(s). Once the draws have begun, no refunds will be allowed.
- Can I make name changes or corrections to my ticket order?
- Any requests to change the name of any Ticket Holder must be received prior to the draw date for which the ticket is eligible and must be accompanied with the purchaser's Government issued photo ID.
Prior to draws beginning: In accordance with gaming regulations, name changes and corrections can be processed by contacting customer service at 1-888-514-7763 (GTA 416-514-7763).
After draws have begun: In accordance with gaming regulations, name changes will not be processed; however, limited name corrections (for example, a spelling mistake - 'Cathy' to 'Kathy') can be processed by contacting customer service at 1-888-514-7763 (GTA 416-514-7763). The only other exception will be if a Ticket Holder who becomes an employee or director of the Foundation or Miratel Solutions, Inc., making them ineligible. If such situation arises, a name change request must be made to ensure compliance to the rules.
- Can I win more than once?
- Absolutely. After each winning calendar token (number) is drawn and recorded, it is returned to the drum and is eligible for all subsequent draws.
- How will I know if I've won a prize?
- Winners will be posted every weekday on Facebook, Twitter and on the Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery winner's website or you can inquire by calling 1-877-660-3424 (GTA 416 667-3424). All winners will be notified by mail. Major cash winners may also receive a call. Please allow a minimum of 4 weeks for delivery of cheques. All prizes will be awarded to the purchaser. Cheques will be made payable to the primary ticket holder and mailed to the purchaser. In the case of giftees, cheques will be payable to the giftee (if allocated at the time of purchase) and mailed c/o the primary purchaser's address. It is the responsibility of the primary purchaser to allocate winnings as necessary. Winners agree to the use of their name and photo for publicity purposes by the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
- How will I know if I've won a Cash Back prize?
- Cash Back draws will occur on February 5th, June 4th and September 3rd, 2014. Winners will only be available via our Winners Search on the day following the draws. Visit our Winners Search page to search for your name. All Cash Back winners will be notified by mail. Please allow a minimum of 4 weeks for delivery of cheques. All prizes will be awarded to the purchaser. Cheques will be made payable to the primary ticket holder and mailed to the purchaser. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to allocate winnings as necessary.
- How do I claim my prize?
- You will receive a letter and your cheque from the Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery within 4 weeks of the draw date. If you won and have not received the letter and cheque 4 weeks after the draw, please call customer service at 1-877-514-7763 (GTA 416 514-7763) or send us an email. Monthly and Holiday Jackpot winners will require 2 pieces of ID and will claim their prize at a local Heart and Stroke Foundation office.
- I received the wrong prize?
- Please call customer service at 1-877-514-7763 (GTA 416 514-7763), or send us an email.
- What are the key sales deadlines?
- Holiday Delivery: Order before midnight on November 29, 2013 for delivery before December 24th, 2013
- Early Bonus Cash Deadline: Order before midnight on November 8, 2013 to qualify
- Early Bird Cash Deadline: Order before midnight on December 12, 2013 to qualify
- Final Sales Deadline: Order before midnight on December 17, 2013 to qualify
- What days are the Holiday Jackpot Cash Prizes?
|Holiday & Calendar Date
|New Year's Jackpot - January 1, 2014
||January 3, 2014
|Valentine's Day Jackpot - February 14, 2014
||February 14, 2014
|St Patrick's Day Jackpot - March 17, 2014
||March 17, 2014
|Easter Jackpot - April 20, 2014
||April 21, 2014
|Victoria Day Jackpot - May 19, 2014
||May 20, 2014
|Summertime Jackpot - June 21, 2014
||June 23, 2014
|Canada Day Jackpot - July 1, 2014
||July 2, 2014
|Civic Jackpot - August 4, 2014
||August 05, 2014
|Labour Day Jackpot - September 1, 2014
||September 2, 2014
|Thanksgiving Jackpot - October 13, 2014
||October 14, 2014
|World Kindness Jackpot - November 13, 2014
||November 13, 2014
|Christmas Jackpot - December 25, 2014
||December 29, 2014
- When are the draws?
- Early Bonus Draw: Cash prize of $20,000 will take place January 2, 2014
- Early Bird Draw: Cash prize of $200,000 will take place January 2, 2014
- Daily Draws: 3 Daily prizes of $5,000 will be drawn Monday through Friday* beginning January 3, 2014
- Weekly Draws: 52 Weekly prizes of $10,000 will be drawn every Friday*
- Cash Back Draws: 17,000 cash prizes of $25 will occur on: February 5 (5,000), June 4 (5,000), September 3 (7,000)
- Monthly Draws: 12 Monthly prizes of $50,000 will be drawn on the last day of each month*
- Holiday Jackpot Draws: 12 Holiday Jackpot monthly draws of $12,000 will occur on: January 3, February 14, March 17, April 21, May 20, June 23, July 2, August 5, September 2, October 14, November 13, December 29
* Daily, Weekly and Monthly draws falling on weekend days or holidays will be drawn on the next business day. Daily and Holiday draws scheduled for January 1st and 2nd, 2014 will occur on January 3rd, 2014
- How are the draws conducted?
- All eligible tokens are loaded into the drum following approved gaming guidelines. Calendar Lottery draws take place every weekday morning (excluding holidays) at Miratel Solutions Inc. The draws are supervised by 2 licensed gaming officials from Miratel Solutions Inc. and 2 Heart&Stroke staff to ensure compliance with all gaming specifications. After each winning token is drawn, verified and recorded, the token is returned to the drum. The drum is then spun a minimum of 3 full rotations before the next draw occurs. At the completion of the draws each day, the drum is sealed and stored in a room with video surveillance until the next draws.
Funds Allocated to Mission
- How are the proceeds of the Heart&Stroke Lottery used?
- All net revenue from our lottery program, meaning all profit after prizes, marketing and operational expenses are accounted for, goes directly to life-saving research in support of our mission to prevent disease, save lives and promote recovery from heart and disease and stroke.
- How much money has the Lottery program raised for research?
- Since its inception in 1996, the lottery program has generated more than 200 million dollars for life-saving research at the Foundation. Our lottery supporters have made a tremendous difference in the lives of all Canadians with their purchases.
- What types of projects has the lottery helped fund?
- The Heart&Stroke Lottery provides much-needed support for the Heart and Stroke Foundation and its mission. For example:
- Helps fund stroke recovery research so more patients can return to the life they had before stroke
- Supports education and awareness programs on the warning signs of stroke and heart attack, so more people recognize the signs and seek medical help faster
- Funding research on breakthrough surgery to repair heart defects
- Helps fund research to create affordable, home-based rehabilitation to help more patients recover from disabling strokes and restore their lives
- How much of my Lottery purchase goes to Research?
- In the past five years, the average net revenue (meaning the profit after prizes, marketing and operations are accounted for) directed to research from the lottery program is 27 per cent. Since its inception in 1996, the lottery program has generated more than 200 million dollars for life-saving research at the Foundation. Our lottery supporters have made a tremendous difference in the lives of all Canadians with their purchases.
- Aren't prizes donated?
- No, they are not. The Heart and Stroke Foundation purchases lottery prizes (at a discount where possible) with the money from sales of lottery tickets and sets aside a portion of the sales revenue for cash prizes. This is called a self-funded business model in which ticket sales fund prizing, marketing and operations expenses. Lottery ticket purchases are chances to win in a game of chance, they are not donations. However, lottery ticket purchases support the Foundation's mission because net revenue, after prizes and expenses are accounted for, are invested in life-saving heart and stroke research.
- What happens if a Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery winner lives outside of the province of Ontario (as a result of a move after purchasing a ticket)?
- For those Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery winners with delivery addresses outside of the province of Ontario, the Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery will mail the prize to the purchaser. Please notify us of your address changes by calling customer service at 1-877-514-7763 (GTA 416 514-7763). PLEASE ALLOW A MINIMUM OF 4 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY OF ALL PRIZES.
- The Heart and Stroke Foundation is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. We may maintain a record of your interaction for donor-related, promotion and tax receipting purposes, where required. Occasionally, we may contact you and your donors with mission-related or program-related communications. The Heart&Stroke Lottery does not exchange, sell or rent your personal information with any external vendors for the purpose of soliciting, without your expressed consent. If you wish no further contact or have any questions or concerns regarding the privacy of your personal information, please contact the Chief Privacy Officer, at your provincial Heart and Stroke Foundation office, at 1-888-HSF-INFO or online.
- What is the licence # of the Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery?
- Lottery Licence # 5674
- How is the Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery played?
- Each Calendar Lottery ticket purchased includes: One Official Calendar Lottery ticket with a unique number and one 32-page glossy wall calendar. You do not need a wall calendar to play the game. Your ticket number(s) should be transcribed onto your wall calendar(s). Please allow a minimum of 4 weeks for delivery of calendar(s). It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure they receive their calendar(s). Draws will occur from January to December 2014 as outlined below. Each calendar lottery ticket number will have a corresponding token number in the draws. After each winning token is drawn and recorded, it is returned to the drum and is eligible for all subsequent draws.
- Is a winner's list available?
- A winner's list will not be printed due to the length of the draw period (from January 1 to Dec 31, 2014). All winners are posted on the winner's wall OR you may call Customer Service at 1-877-514-7763 (GTA 416 514-7763), OR send us an email with your name and ticket number.
- How can I get added to your mailing list?
- To be added to our Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery mailing list and receive future Lottery information, you can subscribe online. Any other inquiries, please contact Customer Service 1-877-514-7763 (GTA 416 514-7763), or send us an email.
- Can I still purchase a $100 Heart&Stroke Lottery ticket?
- YES! You can purchase online OR by calling 1-888-551-1111 (GTA 416-661-1511) OR by filling out an order form and mailing to: Heart&Stroke Lottery PO Box 3000 RPO Steeles West Toronto, ON, M3J 9Z9 or faxing it to 1-888-551-5542 (GTA 416-650-7851).
- Who is Miratel Solutions Inc?
- In accordance with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario terms and conditions, we are required to work with a fulfillment centre that is a licensed Gaming Supplier. Miratel Solutions Inc. is a premier provider of inbound/outbound call centre and mail house solutions, and is licensed as a Registered Gaming Supplier with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario. This designation requires an evaluation of all applicants, individuals and enterprises identified in connection with the applicant regarding personal, financial, business and criminal history. Miratel's Gaming Registration Number is: license # 00074291.
- Why are you collecting my mobile phone number?
- If you won a prize, we will use your mobile phone number as a means of contacting you should we be unable to reach you via your primary contact number. From time to time, we may use your mobile phone number to send important Lottery specific notices, such as key deadlines and jackpot amounts. Additionally, we may use this information to send you donor, mission and program related communications. Standard message and data rates may apply, per your service agreement with your mobile carrier.
- Why are you now called the Heart and Stroke Foundation, without a reference to the province of Ontario?
- The name reflects the change made in September 2011 where all Heart and Stroke Foundation provincial offices unified to become a truly national organization from coast to coast, led by one CEO and one volunteer Board of Directors. This structure enables us to share best practices more easily, capitalize on great ideas more quickly, maximize staff and volunteer expertise across the country and build stronger programs that will ultimately create healthy lives free of heart disease and stroke.
- Will funds from the Heart&Stroke Calendar Lottery still support research and health education in Ontario?
- Yes. We want to ensure that our valued lottery supporters know that funds from all Heart and Stroke Foundation lotteries executed in Ontario will continue to be used to fund research and health promotion that benefits Ontario residents.
Print our convenientGift Note
to give to friends and family.
2013 WINNERS SEARCH
Check out our 2013 Calendar website to see if you're a winner
WAKE UP A WINNER
Have you seen our 10 Grand Prizes? Check out the Winter Lottery